Recovery From Financial Downfall

9/14/2015 11:08:00 pm

Bismillah.
Assalammualaikum everyone. 
In this final blogpost before I move on to the next topic on business, I'll be writing about how to recover from a financial downfall. I have always heard of clients and friends who have shared with me that they have lost money in their investments or they got unemployed or are tied to debts.

I always have this mentality in mind that, we have our highs and lows in life. No matter where you are in life, always remember to donate money, big or small amount, as long as you donate. You never know that Allah will reward you with even more rezeki in future, in times when you really need and you are at your lowest.

Financial downfall happens when your financial portfolio does not fit your current situation or you lack understanding on your own financial portfolio. Talk to your financial adviser on the solutions that they can provide, such as shifting some investments into other investment classes such as equity, bonds, commodities etc. It is important to get your financial adviser to advise you the best solutions as it will affect your financial plans.

I have a handful of friends who are unemployed despite them holding a diploma or degree certifications. They may have some experiences before this. I advise those who plan to leave their job, to keep in mind that they should have at least 6 months worth of emergency savings for their future monthly expenses. Try to continue find jobs on various job portals, try applying/doing freelance job (choose something that is your passion, because it will be easier for you) and maybe you can also think of being an entrepreneur. Make full use of your time and think through what do you like to do.

I understand that it is quite tempting to have lots of credit cards and use them. Try to only use them when you really need to. When going out to buy the things you need, pay using cash, instead of credit card, so that you are aware of your spending. If you are financial savvy, you may put the large purchases into credit card payment and make sure you pay your credit card bill on time, to avoid paying the interest.

With this, this is the end to my Individuals blogpost. If you have any enquiry and would like me to share topics of your concern, feel free to email me at nur.farhanah.jasni@gmail.com .

Wassalam.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

About I-FINANCE JOURNEY


My objective of creating this page is to reach out to more people, to educate about Islamic Finance and Individual Finance, share tips on financial planning and also be able to answer to everyone's queries. So, feel free to share this page and ask me questions. Let's share the knowledge and practice them together. In syaa Allah. Aamiin.

I-FINANCE JOURNEY Popular Posts

I-FINANCE JOURNEY Facebook